Raft on the Durance from Embrun Serre-Ponçon
Come and discover the best rafting spots of Serre-Ponçon! Our whitewater base is located at the foot of the Serre Ponçon lake. Come and enjoy the Durance, the river that feeds the largest water reservoir in the Southern Alps (28.2 km2).
The raft is a rubber boat of 6, 8, 10 people helmed by a guide.
Embark on the adventure, everyone participates in the maneuver negotiated by the guide.
The cohesion of the crew makes it possible to face the rapids of the different rivers on offer, with a smile.
The Durance river is a mecca for white water in France, for kayaking and rafting in particular.
It is equipped with several whitewater bases: Saint-Clément-sur-Durance and the Argentières la Bessée stadium, which hosts many kayak competitions, but also Raft (Outdoormix, French Championship, World Championship). This last stadium serves as a national training center including for the Olympic Games.
We are rafting specialists in Embrun (Hautes-Alpes) and we offer on the Durance river whitewater trips included Rafting outings. We will make you discover the following mythical spots, from Eygliers, Saint-Clément-sur-Durance, Châteauroux-les-Alpes, or Embrun:
- Les méandres de Chateauroux,
- The Rabioux wave,
- Les Robert,
- The Iron bridge,
- Le Rapide à Zaza,
- The La Clapière wave,
Our passionate guides will have pleasure in sharing with you, in complete safety, their passion for whitewater.
Note that we also organize from our white water base Rafting outings on other rivers of the Southern Alps: Rafting on the Guil but also Rafting on the Ubaye river (Alpes de Haute Provence), or on the Guisane (Serre Chevalier ), the Gyr (Pays des Ecrins), or the Clarée. Contact us.
Rates – Pricing for Rafting on the Durance river
|Type||Course||River||Distance||Average Duration*||Price / pers||Difficulty|
|1/2 day||St Clément to Embrun||Durance||18 km||3 hours||40 €||Easy|
|1/2 day||Châteauroux to Embrun||Durance||11 km||2 hours||32 €||Easy|
|Day||Guillestre to Embrun incl. Barbecue||Guil + Durance||22 km||6 hours||75 €||Easy|
- Easy : open to everyone, there are not any special difficulties and it’s the perfect way to discover wild water activities.
- Medium : it’s not necessary to have knowledge or skills about wild water activities, but being fit and in good condition will make you appreciate fully the trip on the water with the difficulties raising bit by bit.
- Difficult : you should have obtained the necessary technical ability before. It will be an intense effort to navigate key areas.
- Lending of modern and regulary renewed equipment: wet suit, helmet, life-jacket and paddle.
- Professional liability Insurance
- High-tech nautical equipment (kayak, canoe, hydrospeed, raft)
- Transport (except for Canyoning)
- All our guides are fully certificated
- Hot showers on arrival, access to the bar-terrace and to our Chill Zone Spot on the banks of the Durance.
- All the prices are for one person (contact us for group and familly prices)
- We also organize tailor-made outings for your family events (bachelor or bachelorette party, birthday, etc.).